CORONAVIRUS UPDATES FROM EXPERIENCE HEALTH
Experience Health has been monitoring the novel coronavirus, which is also known as COVID-19. Our members' awareness about the virus is important and we want to ensure you have access to up-to-date information from governmental bodies who are actively monitoring the current situation and providing updates accordingly.
Watch for Symptoms
- Review the information at the CDC Coronavirus Symptoms website
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure
Call your doctor if you develop symptoms. In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Learn more about coronavirus, including prevention, by visiting:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) website
How Experience Health can help:
- Experience Health is waiving early medication refill limits on prescription maintenance medications consistent with the CDC recommendation to have a 1-month supply of medication on hand. Member cost sharing will apply as normal.
- Experience Health is covering COVID-19 testing with no member cost share ($0 copay). No prior approval from Experience Health is required for the test to be covered.
- Experience Health does not require prior approval or specialty referrals for medically necessary services for any customers who are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Experience Health has expanded coverage of virtual visits to include those done by phone, the same as face-to-face visits according to a member's health plan. This will allow more people to access care from home and limit exposure of patients and providers. Call your doctor’s office to ask about virtual appointment options.
- Experience Health is waiving member cost-sharing for COVID-19 related treatments for both in-network and out-of-network providers. We will reimburse providers in full at in-network or Medicare rates. Please note that when submitting treatment claims, providers must use designated COVID-19 codes.
These measures are currently active and will be re-evaluated periodically for extension.
If you have any questions about your benefits or access to needed care, we are here for you. Please call our Customer Service at 833-777-7394 (TTY: 711) (8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week).