CORONAVIRUS UPDATES FROM EXPERIENCE HEALTH
Experience Health has been monitoring the novel coronavirus, which is also known as COVID-19. Our members' awareness about the virus is important and we want to ensure you have access to up-to-date information from governmental bodies who are actively monitoring the current situation and providing updates accordingly.
Watch for Symptoms
- Fever, Cough, Shortness of Breath
- Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure
Call your doctor if you develop symptoms. In the event of an emergency, call 911.
Learn more about coronavirus, including prevention, by visiting:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website
- North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services (NCDHHS) website
How Experience Health can help:
- Effective March 6, Experience Health will waive early medication refill limits on 30-day prescription maintenance medications consistent with the CDC recommendation to have a 1-month supply of medication on hand. Member cost sharing will apply as normal. Measures will remain in effect for a 30-day period, and then be re-evaluated.
- Experience Health will cover Coronavirus testing with no member cost share ($0 copay). No prior approval from Experience Health is required for the test to be covered.
- Experience Health will not require prior approval or specialty referrals for medically necessary services for any customers who are diagnosed with the disease.
- Experience Health has expanded coverage of virtual visits to include those done by phone, the same as face-to-face visits according to a member's health plan. This will allow more people to access care from home and limit exposure of patients and providers. Call your doctor’s office to ask about virtual appointment options.
If you have any questions about your benefits or access to needed care, we are here for you. Please call our Customer Service at 833-777-7394 (TTY: 711) (8 a.m. to 8 p.m., 7 days a week).